|Range||Doulton Franke Retrofit|
|Use||Taste & Odour Reduction, Chemical & Impurity Reduction, Bacteria Reduction|
Why not take a look at our Doulton® Water Filter Buying Guide
About Doulton® Water Filters
Brand Doulton® water filters have now been manufactured continuously in the UK for more than 185 years. In the 19th Century, the River Thames was London’s main water supply… and sewer. Henry Doulton discovered that filtering water through a porous ceramic could stop people becoming sick from cholera and other water-borne diseases.
Fairey Industrial Ceramics Limited (FICL) is the sole manufacturer of the world famous range of Doulton® and British Berkefeld® ceramic drinking water filters. All ceramic water filter products are manufactured in FICL’s factory based in North Staffordshire, UK, the traditional home of the ceramic industry in England.
The Doulton® Quality
In general, the smaller the pore size of a filter and the more complicated the path the water takes through the filter medium, the more effective it is at removing particles from water. A ceramic has a small and complex pore structure, making it an ideal filter medium.
The pore structure of Doulton® and British Berkefeld® ceramic drinking water filters is accurately controlled. This expertise gives the candles the highly consistent pore structure necessary to remove a wide range of waterborne contaminants over the life of the filter.
All stages of FICL’s drinking water filter production process adhere to the stringent BS EN ISO 9001 quality standards. FICL holds the coveted NSF® and WRAS certificates, demonstrating that our drinking water filters have passed the highest international testing standards.
Our high-quality standards are why the Doulton® and British Berkefeld® brand names are so well known and respected for use in home water filtration systems around the world. Customers can, as a result of our exacting standards, expect the same high quality from our filters every time they are used.
Millions of ceramic filter candles are produced annually, which sell to 140 countries worldwide. This global success is because Doulton® and British Berkefeld® drinking water filters are so versatile – they will do a job on any water supply:
- A highly effective barrier to particles and pathogens a pore structure down to 0.2 microns to offer maximum protection.
- Long Life / Long term value the filters may be cleaned, when used in turbid water, which allows re-use and gives 6-12 months life.
- Natural the ceramic is made from 100% natural earth and uses coconut shell carbon.
- Minerals maintained the filters do not remove those minerals from the water which are beneficial to health.
- Enhanced anti-bacterial properties FICL’s ceramics contain trace elements of silver to inhibit microbiological growth within the ceramic element.
- Multi-stage filtration in one cartridge other filter media can be put inside the ceramic filter candle. Activated carbon can be incorporated to remove chlorine, or an ion exchange media to remove heavy metals such as lead.
Save money and the environment with Doulton® Ceramic Filters
Bottled water is expensive to buy, produces a lot of plastic waste, and the carbon footprint of transporting those bottles of water is enormous.
Healthy water that doesn’t cost the Earth by Installing a filter system that offers a much greener as well as a cheaper, alternative way of drinking good quality water.